Happy new year everyone! A new year is upon us and I know we all like to make lists about what we would like to accomplish. I am not big on resolutions. I tend to just make goals throughout the year. But I am feeling like it now. I have to admit right now that I do not have anything in mind right now and I am making them up as I go. As some of you may know, I like to keep my resolutions organic. They may be amended at any time. Continue Reading »
I’d like to first wish all of you a happy new year. I was shown today that life does not adhere to artificial timelines. I get caught up a lot with thinking that once the new year comes around, everything will be bright and shiny. That did not happen for me. My grandpa went to the hospital again today. Those of you who have followed my photos for a while knows that I spent a lot of time last year seeing people I love in the hospital. I’m trying to keep my spirits up and I know I have a lot of support from friends, which I’m thankful for. I guess I’m trying to say that life doesn’t not stop for anything. We all need to deal with everything that life throws at us and that can happen at any moment. And I know this is cliche, but don’t take life for granted. If you want something, you need to take it and hold on to it. Life is precious and nothing ever goes as planned.
I don’t mean to make any of you sad with this, but my 365 is supposed to capture the current moment of my life and today I can’t be happy. So I hope you guys can be happy for me until I bounce back on my feet. Also, go give the person or people you love a hug now. Tell them you love them.
2008 has officially passed here in Minnesota. I hope everyone had a good night and did not get into any trouble. Here’s to a wicked awesome 2009! Cheers.
I’m all packed and ready to head out to San Francisco to ring in the new year with my best friend. As I have mentioned before, I won’t be posting anything until I get back. In fact, I don’t think I’m going to bring my laptop. It’s too bulky. If only I had an ultra-mobile laptop. I will still be twittering with my phone and maybe on my friend’s computer. My twitter daily summary posts will still show up automatically.
I’m traveling light this time. I’ll have my tiny 4 gig Nano with me. I just bought a new book to read. It’s Bone in the Throat by Anthony Bourdain. Can’t wait to read it. I already started the prologue and it’s got me sucked in. Since I’m not bringing my laptop, that means I won’t upload any photos either until I get back.
So, happy new year all!
It’s finally here for those of you who have been waiting. Merry Christmas everyone. Remember what Christmas is all about, pretending all your problems don’t existing and stuffing yourself with lots of food and alcohol. Well, maybe that’s just me. Don’t forget to drink water as you consume your liquor. That’s my only advice. Also, give, give, give. Be safe everyone. I’m off to California tomorrow so there probably won’t be any posts except for twitter posts. I may have some quick posts throughout today.
Happy holidays and I will be back at the start of next year.
So it’s one hour and thirteen minutes into the last day of 2006. I couldn’t say goodbye to it any quicker. It’s been a long, long year for me and I’m looking forward to the new year. I’m gonna make it a good one. As always, this is a time when we all reflect on the year passing. For me, it’s been a bit of a eventful (for better or worse) 365 days for me. Ok, not all 365 days were eventful, but quite a few were. Here are my milestones of 2006 in a semi-quasi chronological order:
- Jan – Accepted a full-time position as a web designer/developer.
- Feb 12 – Turned a year older (personally not very momentous, but it’s here by default).
- Feb 15 – My niece was born (tried to steal my birthday, but missed by a few days).
- Feb 15 (later that night) – Called up Marie to tell her the news. She, in return, tells me that she’s moving to Michigan. Awkward conversation ensues for the next two hours.
- Late Feb – Mai tells me she’s moving to San Francisco to study fashion design.
- Mar 1 – Got my first DSLR (Canon Rebel XT).
- Mar 4 – Helped Marie move out of her apartment. Had a lovely dinner with Marie and her mom.
- Mid Mar – Met the lovely Star. Watched V for Vendetta on the Ultra-Screen.
- Late Mar – Helped Mai leave for San Fran.
- Apr 7 – Drove down to KC with family.
- Jun 4 – Bought a JM Custom Strat from Guitar Center when all I went in there for were new strings.
- Jul 1 – Took first photo trek with the Canon. Star came as my photo buddy. Practice shoot with fireworks.
- Jul 4 – First real photo shoot with July 4th fireworks.
- Jul 6 – Bought my GTI.
- Jul 22 – Mai returned for her god-brother’s wedding.
- Aug 11 – Marie returns for vacation. Spend an amazing day with her. Told her how I felt at the end of the night. Everything implodes. Friendship slowly dissolves.
- Aug 25 – I fly out to SF to see Mai for her birthday. Stayed at the Hilton. Had the quickest tour of SF ever.
- Oct 6 – Watched Ben Kweller at First Ave.
- Oct 14 – Watched Shannon Curfman at Bunker’s with Ms. Linh – her first real concert.
- Mid Oct – Realized that I have a subconscious obsession with the character Rory Gilmore, not Alexis Bledel.
- Oct 21 – Watched David Sedaris at the Orpheum Theater again with Ms. Linh. She is now a fan of his.
- Oct 24 – The last time I hear anything from Ms. Marie.
- Oct 29 – Watched the Foo Fighters open for Bob Dylan at the Xcel with Ms. Linh.
- Nov 4 – The first time I listened to Mignon Fogarty’s podcast, Absolute Science. Reanimates my podcast interest.
- Nov 5 – My concert weekend streak officially ends.
- Nov 10 – Watched Roger’s band play at Half-Time Rec with Debbie.
- Nov 20 – Saw a girl at Caribou that looked exactly like Rory Gilmore who is now referred to as Ror-a-like.
- Dec 15 – Watched Shannon Curfman at Shaw’s Bar & Grill with Star – her first blues rock concert.
- Mid Dec – Saw a girl at Caribou who kind of resembled Rory. Now there may be two Ror-a-likes or this is the original Ror-a-like and she didn’t really look like Rory in the first place.
- Dec 24 – Took a photo trek to Rice Park to capture the giant Christmas tree.
- Dec 28 – Drove down to Sioux Falls to meet Mai at her family’s place.
- Dec 30 – Mai and I drive back to beautiful Minnesota to spend New Year’s here together.
Well, that’s my list. I think everyone should of made one of these lists in one fashion or another. See you all on the other side.